Sunday, September 28, 2014

pimento cheese


Can we quick get in a last minute summer dish??

I can't stand pimento cheese.
With a passion, I hate it.

But, I really want to like it.
It's as southern as iced tea and I just had to find a homemade recipe that I liked.
So, here we are!

Homemade pimento cheese.
Worlds better than storebought.

Pimento Cheese
Makes about a cup.
3 ounces of cream cheese, softened
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper
Pinch of garlic powder
2-3 tablespoons pimentos, smashed or minced
Paprika, for garnish

Whip cream cheese in a stand mixer (or hand mixer) until fluffy.  Add the rest of the ingredients and beat until smooth.  Sprinkle with paprika and serve with veggies or good crackers.
Or on white bread.
Cut into triangles.
Served with iced tea.
:)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...