Thursday, July 29, 2010

cornbread

Ready for how easy this is??

I have been making this exact same recipe since I was a little girl.
I have it memorized.
My mom taught me and Dad taught her. 
(She did NOT grow up cooking so Dad had to teach her some basics...)
It's super simple and takes under 20 minutes to prep and bake!

If you want to fancy-it-up a bit, add creamed corn, jalapenos, or sausage for a twist!

Oh, and one more disclaimer:  this is sweet cornbread, not johnny-cake.
Beware.


Cornbread
Makes 1 8" cornbread, serves around 8.
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Mix all and pour into a greased 8" cake pan.  Bake at 425* for 15-20 minutes, until golden.  Flip over onto a plate and serve! 
(I personally like it with butter and fresh honey...yuuuum!)

1 comment:

  1. in the fairness of accuracy....this recipe came right off a corn meal package and has been stored in the corn meal container ever since. Your father was not involved at all (other than pouring ribbon cane syrup all over the place).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...