Saturday, December 4, 2010

cashew cookies

These are very strange cookies.
I have only ever seen one recipe for cashew cookies....this one.
The cookie is very cake-like and not very sweet at all.
The icing is extremely sweet and thick.
The nuts are salty and really balance out how sweet that frosting is. 
Together, they compliment each other somehow.
So complimentary that I tend to eat about 5 or 6 of these huge cookies before I realize what I'm doing and will myself to stop eating them.
Because they are rather rich.
Just trust me here and go try them....you won't be disappointed.



Cashew Cookies
Makes several cookie-sheets-worth.
I hate Bisquick and refuse to use it in any circumstance, except this. 
Oh, and don't mind the pictures....I made a double batch for my mom.
Well, okay, maybe it wasn't for my mom.
Don't judge me.
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups cashew halves or pieces
1/4 cup margarine
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup margarine
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2-3 Tablespoons milk

Mix all but nuts together until very smooth.   


Fold in nuts.  


Bake at 325* for 12-15 minutes on greased cookie sheet.


While the cookies are baking, melt the margarine in a pan until almost brown.  Remove from heat and let cool 10-15 minutes.  Stir in the powdered sugar.  Add the vanilla and milk until it’s the right consistency for spreading over the warm cookies.


Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...those do seem very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they seem weird, but you really have to give them a shot. If you like cashews, you'll love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping from SITS! These look wonderful. I bet they are amazing to nibble on with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried them with tea! But I do think they'd be good :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...