Monday, February 25, 2013

crustless cranberry pie

I hate to admit it.
But, I stock up.
So, last December, when all the fresh cranberries went on sale...
I bought some.

"Some" being five bags.
And froze them.
So, watch out if the next couple weeks are filled to the brim with cranberry recipes.




Yes, I was eating this straight out of the dish with a fork.
You just try resisting it.

Crustless Cranberry Pie
Makes one pie.
Adapted from a couple different sources online.
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups frozen cranberries (or fresh, I suppose...)
3/4 cup chopped, toasted pecans
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 eggs
1 teaspoon almond extract

Mix mix mix and spoon into a buttered pie pan.  Bake at 350* for 40 minutes and enjoy!
*Only lasts for a couple days...then it kinda gets mushy.  Eat fast!*

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...