Monday, February 11, 2013

orange scented challah french toast



My little ones and I were at the farmer's market the other day.
And because my toddler is so darn cute, this old Jewish lady offered him a sweet roll.
He ate it in about 8 seconds.
She gave him another one.
He ate it in about 9 seconds.
(These were big sweet rolls.)
She offered another and I politely declined but walked about with a huge loaf of challah bread and was so fresh, it was still warm.
(Well....almost.)
It was $3.
Can't beat that.
I looked at it adoringly for about two days and then realized what I wanted to do with it.
Enjoy!

Orange Scented Challah French Toast
Makes 10-12 slices.
1 big loaf challah bread
8 large eggs, beaten
2-3 tablespoons orange marmalade
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/2 cups whole milk or half and half

Don't we all know how to make French toast?
I thought so.

Slice bread.


Whisk whisk whisk!





Soak.


Fry to golden brown in butter.


Driiiiiiiizzzzzzzle!


Cover in powdered sugar and eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...