Thursday, August 7, 2014

cody's dinner rolls (angel flake rolls)

My brother loves these rolls.
We grew up on these rolls as our stand-by dinner roll recipe.
He loved them so much that we started calling them Cody's Dinner Rolls.
He requests them every time I'm visiting and I can't resist my little brother's face.
It's annoying :)

Anyway, there aren't any pictures to go along with this recipe...he just requested that I finally get it up on the blog so he can stop bugging our mom to send him the recipe every week when he wants it.
Maybe the next time I make them, I'll remember to take some decent pictures and update this post :)

Cody’s Dinner Rolls / Angel Flake Rolls
by Renee Stroman, my godmother
Makes about two, 8" cake rounds' worth of rolls 
*This makes probably double what you'd need for dinner so what I do, is cover the dough, in the bowl, with plastic wrap and it'll keep this way for another week*
1 package (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
5 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups buttermilk (or 1 tablespoon lemon juice + 2 cups milk – set aside for 5 minutes to thicken)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
Flour, for rolling

Mix yeast with warm water in small bowl and set aside.
Combine flour, salt, soda, baking powder, and sugar in large bowl.  Add buttermilk, oil, and dissolved yeast and stir until just combined.
Scoop out a big golf ball-sized ball of dough and dump into a little bowl of flour.  Roll into balls, using your hand to form the ball as you go.
Place directly in ungreased 8" round cake pans, where sides of roll are just touching.
Bake at 425* for 10 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...