Thursday, October 29, 2009

pumpkin cream cheese




Day #5 of Pumpkin Week here in the GD kitchen!
Now, every day, at about 5am, (and I know it's 5am, not by the clock, but by the sound of my husband's electric razor starting up) I roll out of bed and head into the kitchen to make breakfast for my man.  I really try to make something different every day but we usually rotate between hard boiled eggs, yogurt with granola, oatmeal, cheese grits, sausages, etc.  Some of this can be interesting but mostly he's just interested in protein and carbs to gear up for whatever insane amount of physical training that the Marines are about to partake in, before the sun comes up and they really start their day.
But, I digress...and it's the pumpkin season!  So instead of something booooring, I decided to spice things up a bit!  I toasted up some fresh cinnamon raisin pint-sized bagels and whipped up this lovely pumpkin spiced cream cheese spread.  Add a few bananas for long-lasting energy and he was thrilled when he sat down for breakfast and saw this looking back up at him. 



Pumpkin Cream Cheese
Makes about a cup and store really well in the fridge!
4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoon maple syrup
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Beat softened cream cheese, sugar and syrup until creamy.



Add pumpkin, spices and vanilla and beat until smooth.



Refrigerate for at least an hour and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Lord, woman... I can't believe you get up at 5am to make breakfast. Kudos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...