Tuesday, October 27, 2009

pumpkin mini muffins



Onto Day #3!  We are going with a classic here.  I've been making this recipe for a very long time.  October = pumpkin bread.  And you can easily make this into bread, by the way.  Add a little extra flour (about 1/3 cup) and pour into 2 buttered and floured loaf pans.  They are great as gifts!  But why ugly loaves?  Let's try mini muffins!  They are perfect when a bunch of hungry Marines come over for an afternoon meeting.  This recipe makes about 48 and for five guys, all but about six were eaten.  Luckily, I stole those last six and ate them for a pre-dinner snack!  But if you don't have a bunch of Marines around your house, you probably have kids or husbands or tea with your girl friends, right?  They are great for breakfast with cream cheese or dessert as mini cupcakes with frosting slathered over the top.  Very versatile, these little babies.  And chances are, you already have all of these holiday spices in your pantry.
Cinnamon?  Nutmeg?  Ginger?  I thought so.



You might need this...but it's the pumpkin time of year so you probably do!



Okay, go get started!!

Pumpkin Mini Muffins
Makes about 48.
3 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water
2 cups pumpkin puree

Ready for how easy this is?
Combine all ingredients.  Mix until smooth and thick.  Pour into buttered mini muffin tins.  Bake at 350* for about 15-17 minutes.  Cool and enjoy!







7 comments:

  1. Pretty swirly picture-did you use Cody's camera for these? These are very good pics! Recipe IS good too! Is this my old recipe? Woe is me, no credit again. Guess who?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't use Cody's camera....he wasn't here!! :) And YES, everyone, this is my Momma's recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Katie :)

    I made these Thursday for Pop to take to work on Friday for the staff. Cheryl told me they were gone in less than an hour!

    I kept a few for us at home and they were yummy!

    Great recipe...see you in 3 day!

    Love,
    Ms Di

    ReplyDelete
  4. From the husband...
    These rule. Pile the frosting high

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms. Di - glad you liked them!!!!
    Hubby - I know YOU like them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look sooo good! I just stumbled on to your blog and am so glad I did! I don't have a minimuffin pan, do you know what would change if I did these as normal sized muffins instead? Would they need to bake longer? Sorry for the dumb question but I am a very untalented cook...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a dumb question! :) You can make these into anything...regular sized muffins for about 20-25 minutes, or a loaf for 45-60 minutes, or a jelly roll filled with cream cheese! :) Glad you're here!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...