Thursday, June 9, 2011

best (and flourless!) peanut butter cookies



I'm not a huge peanut butter fan.
I never have been.
But, these little babies are to die for.
I don't really know why either!
But, the flourless-ness of them makes them really really chewy and crumbly at the same time.
And dense.
And sweet but not too sweet.
I find myself eating a lot of them when I make them.
And if you make them too and like them as much as I do, I won't feel so bad.
So, do me a solid, okay?
Thanks.

Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes a lot!  ....around 30.
1 1/4 cups smooth peanut butter, at room temperature
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat your oven to 350*. 
Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.  (Or just use a non-stick cookie sheet.)
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the peanut butter, the brown sugar, and the baking soda until well blended, about a minute. 






Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until just blended, about 30 seconds, and comes together in a mass.





Scoop dough with an 1" ice cream scoop and drop onto prepared baking sheets.  Press down a bit with your fingers.  Bake until just cracked on top but still moist-looking, about 11 minutes.  Cool on sheets and enjoy! 




3 comments:

  1. JR is going to die! He LOVES peanut butter - I'm not really a super big fan, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are tasty...but DON'T overcook! They'll be too dry. They should look puffed and moist and they'll be perfect :)
    And the mixer blade is off Amazon...my brother got it for me for Christmas and I use it DAILY.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...