Thursday, June 2, 2011

kids' cookbook bran muffins

My mom knew what she was doing.
She bought me a lot of kids' cookbooks when I was growing up.

She didn't want to cook so she might as well convince her daughter that she wanted to learn how to cook for her momma.

And, obviously, it worked!

This was one of my favorites and it still is!
Such a simple bran muffin.
But a classic!


Bran Muffins
Makes 12.
From my kids' cookbook, that I can't remember the name of :/
2 cups bran flakes (or since I ran out of bran flakes, I used some granola...)
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup vegetable oil

Preheat your oven to 375*.
Combine all dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.

 


Make a well in the center and add the egg, milk, and oil.




Mix only until moistened.  Don't overmix!


Pour into baking cups.


Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.  Enjoy!



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...