Monday, July 13, 2009

oatmeal cookies


I woke up this morning, got dressed for a run and then I looked outside. Storming down rain. So, what to do?
Change into pajamas and make oatmeal cookies!
I’d almost rather eat the dough.
But I won’t for your sake.
On rainy days like this, all I’m ready for is a good book, a blanket on the couch and some straight-from-the-oven, chewy, gooey oatmeal cookies.
(I did eat some dough, by the way.)
Oatmeal Cookies
A version of Mrs. Rhonda’s…
Makes about 16 cookies. Or about 12 of my size cookies.
½ cup shortening
¼ cup sugar
½ cup brown sugar
1 egg
½ teaspoon vanilla
1 cup oats
¾ cup flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup white chocolate, dark chocolate chips or chopped nuts
Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
Cream shortening with sugars till light and fluffy in a large bowl. Beat in egg. Mix in vanilla. Scrap down the sides of the bowl and re-mix.
Add dry ingredients slowly and incorporate. Add in chocolate chips.
Spoon out onto dry cookie sheet and bake at 350˚ for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Don’t forget to lick the bowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...