Friday, July 24, 2009

tomato feta pasta salad

I hate boring side dishes at BBQs. Seriously, people. I’ve had enough watery cole slaw and too-warm potato salad.

Sooo, this recipe is just as easy as going out and buying a side dish. I promise.

I’ll prove it!

It only has a few ingredients:

Tomatoes


Pasta


Feta


That’s pretty much it! Add some freshly squeezed lemon juice and a few shreds (okay, maybe more if you’re like me) of basil and you’re ready to go to that barbeque with something a little classier than store-bought chips and salsa.


Tomato Feta Pasta Salad

The other great thing about this is that it can be served warm, room temperature or cold. I can’t really decide which way I like it best actually…

Serves about 4.

½ pound orzo pasta

2 large tomatoes, chopped

4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled

1 lemon

Handful of basil leaves, julienned (shredded)

Salt and pepper to taste

Olive oil to drizzle


Bring a large pot of water up to a boil. Salt liberally. Add pasta and cook for about 8 minutes, until al dente. Drain. Put into medium serving bowl. Add chopped tomatoes.


Add crumbled feta.


Add julienned basil.


Add juice of one lemon and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss and readjust till salad is slightly moist. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.


See? I told you it was easy…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...