Friday, January 14, 2011

asian pork roast

My husband loves roasts.

But I almost always make my roasts in a Mediterranean style.
As seen here.
:)

But, I thought I'd try something a little different this time.
And, I have to admit, I mostly tried this because I was going to use the leftovers for a Asian-inspired broccoli stir-fry.
And then we ate it all.
I was a little skeptical at first.  I mean, you are pouring a thick, black, tar-like substance all over some great looking pork.
But, trust me, it'll be worth it!


Asian Pork Roast
Serves a ton!

1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 2-inch piece of ginger, grated
3 tablespoons Srirachi sauce
1 6-pound pork Boston Butt roast
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Vegetable oil

Preheat the oven to 300*.
Combine the first seven ingredients in a bowl.
Season the roast with salt and pepper (go easy on the salt....the soy sauce will provide a lot of the saltiness) and sear in a large roasting pan or Dutch oven, until golden brown on all sides.
Pour the sauce over the roast and cover.  Braise for 3-6 hours, until falling off the bone.
Remove, shred, and serve!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...