Sunday, January 2, 2011

twice baked potatoes


So, my mom doesn't like to cook.
I, personally, can't comprehend this but she has never liked it.

So, being the intelligent woman that she is, she used her incredible powers of mother-dom (that hopefully, I am learning...) and bought me every kids' cooking book that she could find.  Between that and my Italian grandmother, I "somehow" ended up loving to cook.

This was one of the very first recipes that I remember trying from my kids' cookbook.
I still use the exact same one today!
And I can't wait to teach our little man :)

Twice Baked Potatoes 
Serves 4.
4 large baking potatoes
2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
1/2 stick butter, cut into pats
Dash of milk
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preheat oven to 375*.
Wash and dry the potatoes and bake them until tender, either in the microwave or the oven.  Once cool enough to handle, cut a little bit of the potato off, as seen below.


Put the cheese and the butter in a large dish.  Scoop out the potato with a spoon, carefully, and add to the cheese mixture.  Reserve potato "shells".


Add a dash of milk and some salt and pepper and mash with a potato masher until creamy.


Spoon back into potato shells carefully and mound up.


Place on baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden on top and cheese is melty all the way through.  Enjoy!!

4 comments:

  1. I "somehow" ended up loving to cook.

    Is the implication that mom actually taught you? or. . .what?

    If you can't use quotations correctly. . . "don't".

    -C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, yes, with Mom's "help", I learned how to cook. But, it was indirect help, hence the quotes. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...