Monday, January 10, 2011

roasted beet and apple salad

I love winter salads.
In the midst of super heavy dishes like roasts and potatoes and pasta and creamy soups, sometimes you just gotta have a salad.
And winter salads are just so interesting.

Have I ever told you what a pet peeve I have with salads?
I hate hate boring salads.
I hate lettuce and carrots and tomatoes and cucumbers and dressing.
Yuck.
But a winter salad almost always has something interesting to it.

And this one doesn't disappoint!
Hearty roasted beets, nutty walnuts, and crisp apples....yum!
Go try it!



Roasted Beet and Apple Salad
Serves 4.
Do we really need a recipe here?
Go get a few beets....


Roast, slice and set aside.
(Incidentally, that link directs you to another wonderful winter-ish salad.)

Grab a few crispy apples...


Thinly wedge and set aside.

One red onion...


Paper thin slices please!

And walnuts, must have the walnuts...


Lay out all pretty-like on a plate and drizzle with your favorite vinaigrette and season with salt and pepper! 
(I suggest a white balsamic for more earthiness...)
Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. i luv ur recipes, i'm adding 3 of them to my menu for the week, tortilla soup, penne pasta bake, and chipotle cheese enchiladas!! so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! Hope you like them all :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...