Tuesday, January 18, 2011

shrimp noodle bowl

This should be a Round 2 recipe from some grilled shrimp post that I've done.

But, oh wait, no such posts exists :/

I can't believe I've never done a simple grilled shrimp recipe....but alas, this is a great way to use leftover grilled shrimp.
(Because, you know, since I hate leftovers, and really what's worse than cold grilled shrimp?  Yuck.)

Add a few more ingredients (and really just use whatever veggies you've got in the fridge!) and voila!  Dinner is served in under 20 :)

Shrimp Noodle Bowl
Serves 4ish, but depends on how many leftover shrimp you've got
3 limes, juiced
1/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon dry sherry
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon siriachi sauce (or more to taste!)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup thinly sliced or shaved carrots
1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms, any kind will work
1 cup thinly sliced asparagus
12 ounces leftover grilled shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 cups hot cooked cellophane noodles (use directions on box)
1 cup sliced scallions (optional)
1 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
Chopped roasted peanuts (optional)

In a small bowl, combine lime juice, broth, teriyaki sauce, brown sugar, sherry, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and siriachi sauce.  Mix well and set aside.



In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
Add carrots, mushrooms, and asparagus and saute for about five minutes.


Add shrimp and reserved broth mixture.  Saute until shrimp are heated through.



Add noodles and toss.
Serve in individual bowls and top with scallions, cilantro, and peanuts, if desired. 

3 comments:

  1. Um... yum... YUM! This looks amazing! I tried your black bean soup over the weekend. Delicious! My man and I can't get enough!

    I'm not sure how I found your blog originally either...I had that recipe saved for awhile. Maybe you were featured somewhere else? :) I'm glad I found you though. I can't wait to try more of your recipes! :)

    Better Than A Milk Mustache

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, yall should try it! The pictures def don't do it justice....bad photo day :/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...