Sunday, May 1, 2011

doughnut muffins



I am a yeast-risen doughnut sort of girl.
I like glaze.
What can I say?
But, when I came across this recipe on Pioneer Woman's website, I needed to try it.
I have a special (albeit, small) place in my heart (and belly) for cake doughnuts.
My brother hated the glazed doughnuts and would only eat the cake ones.
So, we had always had both.
This is for you, little brother! :)


Doughnut Muffins
Makes 20ish...
PW's Tasty Kitchen
1 3/4 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cups vegetable oil
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1/2 stick butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Preheat your oven to 350*.
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.


Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk. 


Add to dry ingredients and stir only to combine.


Spray a mini muffin pan with a bit of Pam and bake for 15-20 minutes. 


Meanwhile, melt the butter in a bowl. Combine the white sugar with the cinnamon in another bowl.

 

Shake muffins out while still hot. 


Dip muffins in butter, then into the sugar/cinnamon mix. 

 

Let cool. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...