Sunday, March 18, 2012

mango coconut rice pudding

I hate hate rice pudding.
There is nothing appetizing to me about warm, mushy, sweet rice.
But, in an effort to please, I came up with this recipe and tried.
Oh, how I tried.
I heard it was successful.
But, I just ended up eating the mango puree off the top and calling it a day.


On the other hand, if you like rice pudding, I heard this was successful.
But, you'll have to take his word on that.




Mango Coconut Rice Pudding
Makes 2 servings.
1 14 ounce can coconut milk
1/4 cup arborio rice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar

1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
1/4 cup mango (pureed)
Toasted coconut flakes for garnish
Mango slices for garnish

Place the coconut milk, rice, salt, sugar and cardamom in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat and simmer for 25-35 minutes stirring occasionally.  Remove from heat and let cool.  Top with the mango puree and garnish with extra toasted coconut and mango slices.  Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...