Thursday, March 15, 2012

simple corn and avocado soup

It's Spring, right?
So, I'm allowed to get all summer-y on you already, yes?


I just can't help myself.

The first breath of warmth in the air, I start dreaming about fresh corn and watermelon and fireworks.
The first wisp of a chill in the breeze, I start drooling over stews and sweaters and anything with maple syrup in it.

Forgive me?
You will.


Simple Corn and Avocado Soup
Makes 2-3 servings.
No recipe needed!

Grill 4-6 ears of fresh corn, until charred and tender.


Strip all the kernels off the ear and reserve.


You can use your stand mixer bowl but it does make a big mess :)


Take all the stripped ears along with a couple peeled carrots, some clean celery stalks, and a handful of peppercorns and bring to a boil with about 6 cups of water to make a yummy corn broth!


After that simmers for an hour or so, strain and add the reserved, stripped corn kernels.
Meanwhile, dice an avocado per (immediate) serving.


Add lots of corn and broth to the bowl.


Finish with a few gourmet chips or a sprinkle of sea salt and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...