Monday, April 9, 2012

easter dinner!

How was your Easter??

Here's ours, in pictures :)


Roasted leg of lamb with herb crust and mint sauce, except I used a mix of herbs (oregano, thyme, rosemary, etc) and did a fresh mint sauce (mint and white wine vinegar) instead of that sauce.  Oh, and we marinated it for 1/2 an hour before roasting...


Scalloped potatoes, except I added more cheese :)


Roasted Brussels sprouts with thyme and red pears....sooooo good just as is :)


Hot cross buns, delicious!!



And, as always, coconut cake :)
(But, I did cheat and use bagged, shredded, sweet coconut this time ;) )

Hope you all had a very blessed Easter!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad someone else does lamb on Easter! My friends here had no clue the metaphorical reasoning for eating lamb on Easter for The Lamb. *sigh* I also had to explain to my entire office what hot cross buns were when I brought them the Monday after Easter *sigh*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweetie :)
    And yea, Stacey, I agree! So sad.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...