Sunday, August 29, 2010

broiled grapefruit

I need a new breakfast idea.
And breakfast is my favorite meal of the day! 
But, as it is my favorite meal, it's hard to surprise me with a new idea.
But, I saw this and jumped on it!  I loved the idea in the magazine and when I tried it?  So much better!
Plus, it's a great way to get your kids (or picky husband, roommate, etc) to eat something healthy!


Broiled Grapefruit
Serves 1-2.
1 large grapefruit
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 dashes cinnamon

Preheat your oven's broiler.
Cut grapefruit in half.
Using a paring knife, cut around the flesh and then cut between each segment.  This is for easier spoonage later :)


Place halves, flesh side up, in a loaf pan.  (This is for support)  Spoon one tablespoon brown sugar over each half.  Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on top.


Broil for a couple minutes, until golden brown and bubbly.  Eat with a spoon and enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to make this for my Fox. He loved grapefruit! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...