Wednesday, October 29, 2014

pumpkin cornbread

I saw this recipe online somewhere and had to try it.
I'm obsessed with pumpkin bread (aren't we all right now?!) and love love cornbread.
So, when I saw this, I said, yes.
Maybe out loud.
Really loudly.

Anyway, I stuck mostly to the recipe that I found but tweaked it here and there.
And it's pretty much exactly what I thought it'd taste like.

Fall is winning in this house.

(and yes, we are still eating clean so we let the boys eat most of this. again, I say, most of it...)

Pumpkin Cornbread
Makes one, 8" round
Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod
ps-great for breakfast too!
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup cornmeal
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup canola oil
2 tablespoons molasses

Preheat your oven to 400*.
Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Whisk all wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl.
Add wet to dry and fold gently until barely mixed.
Spoon into a greased 8" round cake pan and smooth out the top.
Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until set and top is getting golden.
Enjoy warm with lots of butter and dark cane syrup!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...